Monday, August 17, 2009

mouse update

Caught a mouse that's been living inbetween the walls in Alex's room. The closet in there is not finished and there's open space for the mouse to go from room to wall space. Upstairs, we baited new "break their necks" traps with peanut butter and in the morning the traps were sprung, the peanut butter gone and no dead mouse anywhere...so I continue to get up, wipe down the counters and bleach them in the morning.

Going to try and pop in some photos. There's no guarantee that the pictures and words above/underneath will match up. Good luck! =)








Aiden could tell his cake was a train so I guess I did okay making it. Would do a few things differently next time...like make the time to bake the cakes and not use angel food cake (which was the only plain premade cake I could find!).





Here is my poor 5 yr old who now has lost 6 teeth and had 5 stitches in the last 6 months or so.
I actually caught up on reading everyone's blog tonight *pats self on back* and you've all inspired me to try and figure out how to properly post pictures. Of course, if anyone knows already, it makes my job done that much quicker.
Love ya all!

5 comments:

grandma said...

GOOD TO SEE THE CUTE PICTURES. SORRY THE MOUSE GOT AWAY. I USED DCON WHEN I HAD SOME IN THE GARAGE. ANDRA STORED SOME THINGS IN THE SHED AND ASK FOR TRAPS BJT I GAVE HER AN OLD BOX OF D CON. HAVEN'T EVER SEEN SIGNS OF MICE BUT SHE HAS BOOKS OUT THERE. OF COURSE IT IS POISON SO DOUBT IT WOULD WORK FOR YOU WITH CHILDREN.

Lanie said...

Very cute cake train. Good luck with the mouse hunt. I hope my blog hints were helpful. Hugz
Lanie

Jensen said...

Poor Avery! You will have to tell me how use made the cake...Nathanial wants a train cake for his birthday.

Denisse said...

That train cake looks so cute! Looks like Aiden LOVED it! Hope you catch those mice!:)

Sarah said...

Ouch on the stitches.
But yay for the awesome cake.
Looks great.
And good luck catching those mice.