Saturday, August 15, 2009

Been a while

We took a weekend in Provo and visited Seven Peaks. It was a lot of fun for most of the kids. Aiden didn't like all the splashing. It took a little persuasion but we finally got him into the shallow end of the wave pool where he happily splashed. We all got burned. Forgot to reapply the sunscreen. We also visited a local water park which Aiden liked much more. It is a lot smaller and quieter. We left early from there because of burning faces and shoulders. Most recently, we took a ride on the Heber Valley Railroad. Tons of fun for the kids. I think they just went from one end of the train to the other. I bought tickets for a dinner run thinking the break inbetween rides might be a good idea. WRONG! The dinner was the hardest part. Avery wanted to go on the train again this weekend.

A couple of weeks ago, Avery was playing in the bathtub. We heard him jump twice and get hurt. He'd slipped and banged his head on the wall (maybe the soap dish?). He had a fairly deep cut so off to the ER for stitches. I was happy to learn there is a topical anesthetic that can be applied now instead of injections. Avery stopped crying before we left and didn't start at all again. He had five stitches in all.

Avery has also started dental work. As you may remember his bottom centrals came in behind the baby teeth. When the baby teeth fell out, there was no room for his centrals to move forward so the dentist pulled them. His canines will probably have to come out for his laterals. At the moment, he's missing both front teeth. Makes me smile every time I see him.

Aiden will use the potty occasionally!! WOOOOT! Of course, it's not all the time, but I'm a little leary of pushing him. If we leave him without a diaper he's more likely to use it; it's kinda scary for me though.

School starts next week. Avery is really excited for Kindergarten and the older boys are not looking forward to school. I hope they enjoy this homeschooling thing. We tried to fax all the documents off but the school only recieved about 1/3 of them. One more thing for me to do Monday.

Lastly, we have a couple of mice in our house (Gross!!!) We put tube shaped traps down that have glue spots in them. When the mouse goes through, it's supposed to get stuck and then it collapses. Well, the mouse may have not been going through them so John put cheese in the middle last night. This morning, the cheese is gone and no mouse. I think I want a refund and am going to buy the $0.25 traps that break their necks. We'll just have to keep them away from Aiden. I am so grossed out.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Hope all is well and hope everyone's summer was enjoyable!

2 comments:

Lanie said...

LeNell,
Mice huh thats a bummer. I hope the new traps work and quick...

Pitter pat of furry feet,
tap, Snap goes the trap.
Rotten rodent is mince meat,
zap, pesky rat... everyone clap.

Sorry to hear about Avery's head and I am glad it wasn't worse. Keeping my fingers crossed for Aiden's potty training. Just remember this is the last time!!!

Love you, hugs
Lanie

Anonymous said...

gday guys, with the mouse trap stuff......use peanut butter in/on the trap guaranteed catch....good to hear all is well, another good drug for kids is MIDAZOLAM 2 drops under tongue and ya can do anything....no memory as well woot great for visits to dr and dentist....NEEDLE FREE ZONE ftw.....tkss