The big news at the moment is how well Andrew is responding to his new meds. It's a night and day difference. We start counseling in conjunction with the meds in Aug. It just takes that long to get an appointment. If we can get his depression under control, I will be more comfortable tackling schooling issues. At the moment, school is a huge stresser to him and exacerbates his depression. I am very worried for high school. I would love to be able to put him into the alternative high school but Andrew is just not motivated enough to work by himself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and doing a LOT of praying.
Alex will have one semester left next year before graduating. He'll still have a year of seminary. I'm hoping he will take some college courses during the 2nd half of the year. I think it would be a good wake up call for him in regards to his lack of studying. We are still hoping he'll chose to serve a mission but at the moment, he's got cold feet.
Avery shows a lot of the same memory issues that Andrew displays. Luckily, Avery has a wonderful teacher this year who helps him for a half hour 2 days a week. She so needs a really nice thank you at the end of the year!! I'll take ideas.
Aiden is doing fabulously. He's reading, adding and subtracting and working on writing. It's a relief for me to not see apparent learning disabilities (at least for the moment). I hope he continues to love learning and to be able to catch on quickly to what is being taught! Aiden is super excited for his birthday and the new baby. His order of events for the summer is: 1st school gets out, 2nd his birthday, 3rd new baby.
Ari has popped out 3 new molars. She's actually average height--or close to it! Her vocabulary is increasing and she's kept her blue eyes. Her red hair is more of a strawberry blonde at the moment. If we put her in purple or blue the red shows up a bit better. Still, it's slightly more red than blonde.
CJ has been dieting successfully. He looks good and is feeling really good other than just getting old and having his body not work properly. He has a shoulder he injured in high school that gives him trouble and a leg that troubles him when he runs too hard or much. Next year he won't have to run so hard for his physical training test.
CJ's dieting and exercising makes me feel like a fat cow. I've actually done fine with the pregnancy weight gain. Expanding bellies have never made anyone feel nice looking. I've been hoping on the elliptical and lifting weights--but not regularly. I hit 3rd trimester recently. So far, I've been able to nicely compartmentalize this pregnancy into sick, starving and hormonal stages. I'm excited to have a teeny-tiny one around and hope Amelia appears a little after Independence Day but won't hold my breath.
If you didn't see it on facebook, I brought home a pet cat. She's an older declawed cat. Whoever her previous owners were, they trained her well. She had no accidents when we brought her home and she didn't jump on furniture unless invited. She wasn't sure what to do with the little kids. She tolerates Aiden and Ari right now. Ari mostly only if I'm nearby. The kitty's name is Callie (calico cat). A couple days ago I gave in, put her collar back on her and let her into the backyard. Last night, she caught a mouse. Good kitty!
We're not sure we'll make it anywhere else this summer as the week after school gets out is scout day camp and not too long after that I hit the no travel zone. Y'all are welcome up here anytime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LeNell, I just want to tell you that I dearly love you. You have so many challenges as a mother and I am amazed at how well you handle them. I admire you so much and I'm sure that all your hard work will pay off. I love your boys and Ari. I can't wait to fall in love with Amelia. :) Oh, CJ isn't too bad, either. haha. You have a wonderful little family and I think YOU have so many talents and strengths that contribute to that wonderfulness. Give those kids a hug for me! (if they will let you.)
Good to see your post and updates on the kids and kitty.
I am so glad Andrew is doing better and Avery had a good teacher. I hope next year he will have a great teacher too. I can't believe Alex is almost ready to graduate. I remember when he was born and holding him as a tiny baby. I love red hair and blue eyes. I have always wished that I had red hair and blue eyes. She is lucky. I hope Ame will have red hair and blue eyes two. I am excited to meet her. I think she is going to be a great blessing in your home. I love you. See you in September.
Post a Comment