Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I listened!

Since Sunday, I haven't had one "nice" phone call.  I've come to absolutely dread answering the phone.  Since I was having these awful feelings, I decided to put my invite-empty-nesters-in-our-ward-to-dinner-once-a-month plan into action and called a couple who'd been on my mind for a few days.  Maybe they could have a "nice" phone call.  I am so, wait, SO,  no, wait..SO glad I did!  This dear sister's reaction was, "Wow!  We never get invited to dinner."  I am so thankful I followed through on a prompting--even though I did need some nudging.  I know I feel better and will be more cheerful about answering the phone and hopefully she will have some pleasant feelings to carry around for at least today.  I'm really looking forward to getting to know this couple better.  =)

2 comments:

Lanie said...

I am so glad you finally had a Nice phone call

Jana said...

That is a great story. Thank you for sharing it. It's a perfect example of serving others to get out of a grounchy funk.