Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I gotta just do this

I have no pictures. For some reason, I just haven't snapped any of our house. I do have a few of the kids but am waiting to get the last swimming lessons on the camera before downloading them.

We are enjoying having our own house! Recently, we hired someone to put up some shelves in our storage room and fix a doggie-door (make it go away). I can't think of anything else we'll want to hire some for at this point in time. Maybe to put in nicer closet shelves some day.

Alex didn't learn to drive this summer. John had trouble finding a wide open area to practice in and the one time he wanted to teach Alex, Alex didn't want to go. Of course, John didn't say, "Do you want to try and drive the car?" He said, "Do you want to go for a ride?" What teenager is going to say yes to that? =) The wife always will.

Andrew is having trouble keeping up in school this year. A lot of it is me not sitting near him all day. I'm cracking down now that I'm starting to feel better (yay for science advancements). He's having a tough time making friends. His church class is all boys so I have some hopes there. Especially one of the kids. The two of them were having fun last week.

Avery is catching up in school. He was way behind. He's getting the hang of things and doesn't seem to mind school so much. Of course, his favorite part of the day is recess. He has a really good friend just down the street. The two of them hang out at recess and after school.

Aiden is energetic. He's still cute--which saves his bacon occasionally. He fell into a pool during our move out of our house in UT and before we got to MT. It scared the daylights out of him and John. When we tried to put him into a pool for lessons at the beginning of this month, he didn't want to. I physically put him on the top step in the pool. He liked it after he was put in. He also has a little co-op preschool group he belongs to. One or twice a month I have 2 more 3yr old boys running around. They are super fun to watch.

John is doing just fine at work. He's not able to ride his bike to work. He has long lunches 2x a week and rides then. The other 3 days, he has mandatory PT. He's doing surgeries at Malmstrom now and still enjoys shucking teeth. He also started playing church basketball again. This worries me as he's broken 2 fingers playing church ball. Another note of interest is John has been called as the teacher for the Teachers in church. Poor guy...

I am feeling a little better. I'm not quite as sick as I was but am downing at least 1 pill a day. I am still tired--normal. I have 2 little girls in my primary class (11 & 12yr old girls). They are super sweet and in another week, both of them will head off to Young Women's for part of my lesson so I can still get some relief society in. I haven't done any crafty things for a while. I have managed to do some reading.

People in Great Falls have been super nice so far. It's been so pleasant to have people introduce themselves and welcome us to the neighborhood and ward and school. I hope this continues and I really hope I learn from this and make more of an effort to introduce myself and make others welcome.

Oh...we are speaking on Nov 28. Unfortunately, it isn't the same topic as we spoke on in Ut so we can't recycle our old talks. Sigh...

5 comments:

Jana said...

it's good to hear your updates!

Jensen said...

It is nice to read up on how you guys are doing! Glad that you are feeling a little better.

grandma said...

THANK GOODNESS FOR PILLS TO HELP THE SICK FEELING. I BET YOU'LL ENJOY THE SHELVES IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE STORAGE SPACE THAT WORKS.

Kristen said...

So exciting to hear about your updates and can't believe you have one almost ready to drive! Time flies too fast.

Julie Haddock said...

Hey Jensens!!! How are you guys?? Loved catching up on your blog, so your in Montana huh? Fun pictures. Your so on the ball, keeping up on the blog. I tried it.. failed and now I'm in the process of trying again...:-) heres my blog... its still in the works... http://chipjulie.blogspot.com/

Take care, Julie and Chip