Sunday, May 9, 2010

Great Weekend

Once again, I left my camera at home when I really, REALLY should have hauled it around.

Friday afternoon John's squadron had a going away picnic for a couple of families leaving Hill AFB this year. Every year for a squadron fund raiser, people buy votes for others to get a pie in the face. The folks with the highest and lowest votes get pies. At the last minute, someone bought votes for the lowest folks to make John get one. I bought the pie (he even asked me to!) and got to toss it. It was a gooey gross pie. Easier for him to clean up from though, than the women and their long hair.

We headed up to Idaho Falls for the weekend to visit mothers and drop off some clothing for a growing Christopher. It was nice to see family--especially Royce and Mandy and their girls before they take off. We'll be up in two weeks with a little more time and are looking forward to seeing Ryan and Kara and their boys.

While we were at my parents, Dad took the kids on lawn mower rides. Boy-oh-boy did I have some happy little boys!! Aiden and Avery were sooooo very pleased at being able to drive that lawn mower. I really wish I could have taken pictures of their little faces. Andrew and Alex even had to get in on driving a lawn mower that can do fast turns. I think Alex may have given dad a few more grey hairs. My boys had never ridden on a riding mower till that day. Candace cracked me up though...when asked if she wanted a turn, she nonchalantly told me she'd done it before.

The kids also had a ton of fun chasing and being chased by Emi at Great-Grandma Jensen's house. I am tempted for about 2min to get a dog when I watch them all run around. I don't need more poop in my life even if Andrew didn't have pet allergies.

1 comment:

Denisse said...

so glad you guys had a fun Mother's Day Weekend! The only thing missing are pictures!!!:) But I still had fun reading about it...:)