Friday, April 10, 2009

Vacation

I will make CJ post pictures tomorrow or Sunday.
We had an enjoyable vacation. We left Sunday for southern Utah intending to visit the Grand Canyon and some friends. The road to the north rim was closed to due to snow!! We didn't feel like driving 200 miles (one way) to the south rim. We did enjoy seeing a few sites there and meeting a couple of our online friends and their families. Jeff Mosdale (another mortician hehe) has boys about Andrew's age and our older kids and his kids had sooo much fun playing. Jeff also took us out in his and another guy's four-wheelers for some site seeing were Jeeps can't go. We all got dirty and had a great time. They are coming up to Ogden the first part of May and we are looking forward to entertaining them. On Thursday, we went to Zions Canyon and mostly took the shuttle around. My knee was hurting from the previous day and CJ was really sick so we didn't hike. We stayed the night in a little town about a half hour or so north of Cedar City. I got to eat a really yummy burger and sweet potato fries--new to me. I like 'em. We are glad we have Saturday and Sunday to recover. =)
We found out today we were denied Upwood. I have feeling whoever looked at our file saw "IEP" and immediately hit the denial stamp. Apparently, it wasn't even giving proper protocol in the denial. I'm disappointed and upset that it was so quick (none of our kids even get help outside the schools). We have to trust that it was for the best. I'll still need a bit of time to be okay with it. John is grouching at me now saying that I'm painting a grimmer picture than it really is. We'll see.
My surgery is coming up on the 22nd. I'm still nervous and have decided I probably should never watch a surgery that I'm going to get ever again. I am looking forward to not hurting some day and being able to bend my knee. I'm not sure why but at night, I think I try to stretch my leg out and it hurts enough to wake me up. I feel like I have a newborn again with all the waking up at night and being sleep deprived. I really hope a week or two after surgery I won't hurt so much or so badly. If anyone knows, let me know!

2 comments:

grandma said...

THE VACATION SOUNDED FUN. SORRY YOU HAD TO MISS THE GRAND CANYON BUT THIS WEATHER HASN'T MADE SNOW STAY AWAY LONG ENOUGH TO DO THAT SORT OF THING. WAS NICE YOU MET THE FRIENDS AND THE BOYS HAD FUN TOGETHER. AND JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I'D SEE3 ENGLAND. HA! SORRY IT FELL THROUGH BUT WITH ALL THE UNREST IN THE WORLD MAYBE YOUR SAFER STATE SIDE.

Denisse said...

I'm so sad that it didn't work out for you guys to go to England!!! What a bummer!!! Those dumb people! I think it should be required for every child in school to have an IEP anyway, I guess that is just the teacher in me. But may be there is a reason you didn't end up going...your vacation sounds like fun! Glad you guys enjoyed time as a family!!! Love you guys!