Monday, March 30, 2009

When I do something...

...I really try to do a good job! Had a follow up with Dr. Thomas (orthopaedic surgeon) today. Apparently besides the complete tear of the MCL, I also tore my ACL, sprained the LCL(?) -- the ligament on the outside of the knee, and bruised the bone. The meniscus, however, is just fine. I'll probably have surgery in the next couple of weeks. John has the 6-10th off anyways because we were supposed to go to the Grand Canyon. We may be staying home. If I can, I will schedule after vacation!
I hear in Idaho y'all also woke up to snow on Sunday. Global warming my foot. The weather is just in the process of being turned upside down. Pretty soon, summer weather will be in the winter and snow in the summer. My poor daffodils were completely covered. Now they look as if they all have severe osteoporosis.
We got all our paperwork mailed off to RAF Upwood this week. It takes about 3wks to get any word back from them. Hopefully by the end of April we will have the official orders and no just our RIP (I have no idea what "RIP" means). Hehe...I'm not sure where John was during our conversation about things to take/get rid of for England but he finally heard me say yesterday that there are no closets in English homes. Silly guy. He was very surpised. We get to look for overpriced furniture while we're there or buy a lot more plastic tubs to hold clothing.
We love you all! Have a great week!
Ooookay...after watching an ACL repair surgery, I am so glad I will be out!

1 comment:

grandma said...

so sorry you did a great job on your knee. remember i'm still able to chase little boys if you need me. love you all