Thursday, April 23, 2009

Surgery report

My knee surgery went well on Wednesday. It was really uncomfortable afterwards-to the point I made John grab a doctor or two from the clinic to give me a blessing while we were waiting for my perscriptions to be filled. Today is much better with the real discomfort being my hamstring where the replacement tendon was harvested. At least, that's the discomfort if I am good about not moving much or taking my meds on a regular basis. I'm not really fond of taking medication and it just puts me to sleep for an hour or two and then I'm up for a couple of hours.
My knee is very swollen and tiger striped from where the iodine didn't wash off. I was told no scrubbing and after looking at it, I wouldn't have touched it anyways. I wonder if my Baker's cyst popped as I do have some bruising around my ankle. Oh well...who knows.
We're heading up to Idaho for the Memorial weekend. I should be doing pretty well by then barring anymore falls or injuries. (Keep your fingers crossed for me!) Love you all.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad things went well with the surgery, now the hard part ... recovery. Wish I could bring you a meal, but send hugs. And

grandma said...

LENELL I DIDN'T GO TO D.C. WOULD HAVE BEEN FUN BUT HURRIED. LANIE CHECK ON ME FAIRLY REGULARLY AND ANDRA CAME FOR OUR FHE MON. WAS GOOD TO SEE HER AGAIN. SHE'S BACK IN SCHOOL FOR SUMMER SEMESTER.
I'M GLAD YOUR KNEE SURGERY IS OVER AND HOPE THE RECOVERY CONTINUES WELL. HOPE EVERY ONE IS WAITING ON YOU. HA!!

Amy Smith said...

Sorry about your knee. does not sound fun at all. So are you all headed to England this summer? How is that going?