Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pictures!

The pool was great attraction for the kids. Avery liked the hot tub both because he was warm there and because it was shallower. The closest Aiden got to the water was John's lap. We were really surpised since this is the kid that turns the tub on at home and climbs in clothes and all. Alex and Andrew got along so well in the pool and there were other kids to play with almost all the time.


This was the end of a small canyon with a small waterfall. No pictures of the waterfall because I didn't think that I'd be able to get down there or back up. The guy in the red jacket (Boyde) is one of the people we met down there that plays World of Warcraft with us. There was another guy too (Jeff) who was watching Aiden and his daughter (who is a couple months older than Aiden) back at the Jeep. We had to 4-wheel and Jeep it in. Alex, Andrew and Avery all got to take turns driving. Andrew really loved it. I think if he had been given the choice, he would have stayed on the 4-wheeler all day.


The landscape was fairly stark and barren but I loved it. There were some really great colors and formations. I think I could live in a place like that. At least I'd get my sunsets still. I really missed those in Connecticut. When I would see a vista like this, I could imagine the ancient native americans crossing the valley below. I wonder how much it's changed since the Nephite times.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah!!! Pictures -- I love pictures. I'm glad you had a great time.

grandma said...

i love the picture of aiden cleaning out the bowl. all the others are great also. keep up the great blogging.