Okay, so if you don't know already, I went skiing on Friday (the 13th--of course) and took a nasty tumble. The ER doc and the orthopedic doc both think I tore my MCL--medial collateral ligament. Surgery is not performed to fix this as this particular ligament seems to have enough bloodflow to it to heal itself. However, I'm probably going to have an MRI next week to check on the meniscus. If there are tears to that, I'll most likely have a little arthroscopic surgery to correct the pinched areas. Either way, I won't know much till I have the results of the MRI. As of today, I've been told to ditch the immobilizing brace and work on knee flexibility since no bones are broken. I've also been told to wean myself off crutches. I ditched them this evening (still sitting in the car) and have been shuffling around. My knee hurts!! tonight.
Oh, and to add insult to injury, I found out that this swelling can take up to a month to go away. lovely NOT.
John has been wonderful picking up another work load. He's told me to hire a housekeeper (yay) and has been carrying a lot of things for me. His work has been good to us also in letting him take work off short notice for doctor appointments and such.
I am so very thankful for all the concern and help we've gotten. We really feel blessed.
On a side note, Alex seems to be okay with homeschooling this upcoming year. Whew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
PLEASE let me know if there's anything I can do to help?
Just keep you're children growing so I can oooh and aaaahh over them soon!
I'm so sorry about your knee Lenell! that really sounds like no fun at all! I hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment