It's definitly time for an update. I just feel like there's not much new going on here.
We really enjoyed seeing some family at Thanksgiving. Alex liked staying at Great Grandma Jensen's house. It was nice for him to not have to deal with younger brothers for a couple of days. It was nice for CJ and I to not have to deal with arguements between Alex and Andrew.
Aiden is talking more. Mostly it's unintelligible unless you live with him. Buh can mean belly button or bug, Bah is ball, muh is mine, Daddee is very clear and pah is popcorn or the popcorn popper. He loves that machine and it's cheap entertainment with a yummy result.
Avery has decided to like his speech class finally. He liked it every time we went but was grumpy on the ride there. Last week we missed it (I totally forgot what day it was) and he was really disappointed. He is ready for his next class now. He is such a good little helper. I will be sad when he starts school this fall.
Andrew loves scouts at the moment. There are only 2 bears at the moment and he's the only one who attends. The one-on-one attention is good for him; he thrives with it. School is still hard but he tries so we are content.
CJ and I have had such a hard, hard time with Alex so far this year. His inability to focus and do his school work is wearing on us. We are getting testing done but it takes time. Even if he is diagnosed with some sort of attention deficit I hear the meds don't really help all that much. His grades (at least a few of them) had improved a bit and now have fallen again. We are struggling finding positive things to tell him. It's always the same, "you're a great big brother" and, "you did a good job cleaning up." While that's not bad, I'd like to be able to say, "Great job on getting all your assignments done this week!"
John is super-duper busy at work. There is a big inspection coming up in January that has everyone stressed out. We are all looking forward to that being done and people being able to focus only on work and families. CJ has been really awesome at home this past month or so. He's really helped me when my stress limit has been exceeded. Sorry girls, but I got the best brother. ;-) hehe
Was going to post pictures but John's on his comp and my monitor cannot take the camera chip. I'll definitly have to look some up and post them soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hhhmmmm....I don't know about the best brother thing...ha ha ha ha!!!! Let's just say that Clay and Karen raised some pretty awesome boys!!!!:) (with my boy being the awesomest!!!!!) ha ha ha!!! I love updates Lenell! Thanks for writing about how your family is doing. I really admire you! You are a tough woman! Glad you and CJ support each other the way that you do!!! You guys are an awesome family!!!!:) We love the 6 of you!:)
Post a Comment