Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Keeping our fingers crossed

Well, John got word from his commander that there are a bunch of spots opening up next year for overseas assignments. When Col. Montellano gets back to base next week, she and John will start putting in paperwork for any of them. It's not for sure that we would get an assignment, but there's a better chance since things they will be needing dentists. If we do get an overseas assignment, we will be leaving this summer. It would be so nice to be over in Europe for a couple of years. I love you all, don't take that the wrong way please! There are so many things to see and do that just aren't around in the USA. Two years also isn't very long. We'd leave after Scott and Denisse left for med school and be back before they got done. ;-) (ouch?) This would also be good timing for our landlords as we found out last night they are staying in Virginia and are looking to sell this house. We will keep you posted but I don't think we'll know much more for a few more months.

2 comments:

Jensen said...

I think that would be really amazing if you were able to go over seas for a couple of years! We found out that Ryan isn't eligible to join the airforce:(

Jana said...

NOOOOOO!!!! Don't leave!! I will miss you too much!


But if you do leave, I want my apple peeler back before you go.

JK