I am exhausted. Today things are coming to a head too. Every since Avery, Aiden and I got sick three weeks ago, I've can't seem to catch up on anything (even worse than usual). The house is a mess, I don't even want to think about cooking and dirtying more dishes, I am still very tired and frustrated with Alex over school. It's time to let John take the kids for 24 hours and me to check into a motel for the night. I miss a solid eight hours of sleep.
A new term has begun for Alex and he's already not turning in assignments. GROWL! I am so mad I don't know what to do. John and I have come to the conclusion that he will be repeating 7th grade. I am going to committ myself to homeschooling for one year and see how it goes. We are also getting more testing done. I am wondering if we are hitting some ADD type problems. Yesterday, he had to get his weekly chores done (which can be done during the week if he wasn't at home doing school work all night!); mowing, cleaning his bedroom and his bathroom. It took him 10 hours. 10. Every 10-15 minutes, John and I would have to remind him to get back on task.
No new news for Andrew. He continues to only be able to follow one direction at a time--normal. He just forgets if he gets a list verbally; same with me. I have to write down EVERYTHING. We could do that with Andrew if he could read and write on a 3rd grade level; he can't.
Avery likes his talking class. It is very similar to a preschool class except with 10 or so minutes of one-on-one time to practice letter sounds. It's good for both him and me to have time w/out anyone else. He has grown so much the past year. His 4T jeans are capris.
Aiden is trying so hard to run. He has the fastest walk I have ever seen. We are still waiting for the last two canines to pop out. I hope it happens soon. His gums are swollen and they irritate him.
I am going in for Lasik on Thursday. John took Thursday and Friday off. Makes for a very short week for him since he also has Tuesday off. He finished up his Christmas shopping for himself this week. He bought components to finish a computer he is building. They should be here on Wednesday or so.
Other than that, I have lost my cell phone so I doubt you will get any answer should you call it. John has his but it's always quiet since it goes to work with him. Also, does anyone want some small boy clothing? Aiden is out of his 1yr stuff and it's all new and in good condition (for the most part). I will be freecycling it this week unless I get a holler. Or toy cars..if anyone wants some of those, we have an abundance and would love to share.
I gotta go check on Andrew. He's supposed to be reading and all I hear is very loud noises--like furniture being moved. I have no idea why reading would be that loud. Hasta.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If you are just giving things away... we wouldn't mind taking some boy cloths or some of the cars. By the way, thank you for letting us use your swing, Christopher LOVES it!
WOULD IT HELP IF ALEX SLEPT OVER HERE WHEN YOU COME FOR THANKSGIVING?? PENNY PLANS ON COMING IF NO SNOW. MAYBE SHE COULD TALK TO HIM ABOUT WHY HE NEEDS TO TURN IN HIS WORK wth out being the boss. JUST A THOUGHT!!! WILL BE SO NICE WHEN YOU GET THE SURGERY DONE AND PRAY IT HELPS YOOUR SIGHT. i'm anxious to see your make over.
Post a Comment