We got the results of Andrew's neuropsychological testing. He has a learning disability that makes it hard for him to memorize things. We get to do some intensive language (spelling, reading, writing) with him daily now but only for 30-45min each day. He is also dyslexic. Andrew is clinically depressed. We are going to try therapy and meds for 8 weeks and see how things go. The Dr. said kids can usually be phased off of meds but they are at a greater risk to have another depressive episode later. That scares me. At the moment, we're trying to absorb this and decide how to move forward.
On a better note, recently my mom tried to teach me how to make quilts. I am working on one at the moment and really enjoying doing it. I will post pictures when it's done. Don't expect that soon as I don't have all the equipment here yet to finish sewing the border. I like it enough I want to make more. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am sorry to hear about Andrew. We will keep him in our prayers. I hope that the therapy can help.
Can't wait to see your quilt!
Lenell! I'm so sad to hear about Andrew but at the same time I'm sure it's a blessing to have a diagnosis to give him the best help. I'm always amazed at how far we have come with diagnosing things like these...we will definitely keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers and hope that the meds will help him. Love you guys!:)
I hope Andrew is doing well on the meds. he is a sweet heart and i feel bad that he's having problems.
Oh, I'm sad and worried for Andrew. I love you guys.
Post a Comment