Saturday, September 12, 2009

slow and steady

Not a whole lot to report here. The Utah Virtual Academy sent a computer, printer and headphones that we need to find a place for but we haven't seen any text books yet. We just do what we can on the computer and other things like math and science and history with our stuff at home. The kids like being homeschooled for the most part. Andrew still hates spelling and writing; what's new with that. I had one of Alex's friends ask me if I would home school him next year. He's definitly a different child and I'm sure he gets teased at school. It makes me sad.

John leaves for a week in Wichita Falls Texas tomorrow morning. We'll miss him but we'll be too busy to focus on him being gone. Hehehe..at least until Aiden askes where daddy is. He reallys loves John. Besides the schooling, we're planning to take a day and visit the Natural History Museum at U of U and Penny comes on Thursdays. I figure if things get really bad, we can head up to Idaho for a few more sets of hands--I don't think it will get that bad.

What do I do with a 2yr old who will use the potty when naked and hates underwear. I bought pull-ups hoping that they will be a nice transition from diapers to underwear. Yesteday I felt so bad for him. We visited John at lunch. Aiden started saying potty but when he saw how BIG the potties were at the clinic he didn't want to use it but still needed to. He was sad.

3 comments:

Jensen said...

I am glad to hear that homeschooling os going OK. I am really considering homeschooling Nathanial while we are here in Cleveland (unless we move to another district), we will see...that is a way down the road. I am not sure if you heard or not but we have decided not to join the Air Force.

grandma said...

i get reports from penny now and then on the schooling and her trying to help. hope it all works out for all. getting room for the stuff should be a help for all. love you all

Denisse said...

Good job with the homeschooling Lenell! I'm glad things are going well with that!:)

We miss seeing you guys! Say hi to everyone from us!