Saturday, September 26, 2009
Natural History Museum
The kids and I headed down to meet my parents at the U of U natural history museum yesterday. It was a really neat place. There were 3 or 4 halls to go through: anthropology, mineral and biology are the ones I can remember (there probably were more). There was also an interactive kids room where they could pretend to dig for fossils, do puzzels and books, a large memory game etc. The kids room was attached to the actual lab were fossils were cleaned, put back together and readied for display. Plexiglas separated the kids room from the lab so you could see what was going on. My favorite area was the mineral hall. Tons of rock displays including a HUGE amythyst geode. I think the kids liked the biology hall. It had a lot of creepy crawly things including a really large spider that is common in the foothills of Ut. Ugh...it was a very active spider and I actually prefered the tarantulas over it. The little rosy toed tarantula looked almost cute next to it. Aiden's favorite part by far was pushing any buttons he could find. I feel badly about forgetting my camera. There would have been some fun pictures. At any rate, if you need something to do in SLC, the natural history museum is a great option.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like an educational day for the boys. happy you enjoyed it all or as much as you had time for.
I'm sad you forgot your camera...:( but I enjoyed reading about it! Sounds like the kiddos had a great time!:)
Post a Comment