Monday, June 8, 2009

Happiness

School is out!! *does cartwheels and hops around---well tries to* Andrew is really excited for our homeschooling adventure this fall. I am still a little lost on how to sign up for the K12 program online but apparently the school is too after talking to them. It'll get figured out this summer.

This weekend Hill AFB had an air show. Military families were able to watch the planes do stunts on Friday before general public was allowed on base. The Thunderbirds (f16 fighter jets) were really neat to watch. I wish I had better pictures but I was blindly shooting as they zoomed by. Aiden especially loved it. Everytime a plane went by he'd do this, "Oooo pane!" thing. The jets were a bit harder for him to follow since they go by and then the sound comes. Poor John had to work all day Saturday and Sunday (as did about the whole base). He'll have worked 12 days w/no days off by the time Saturday rolls around again. I know some of you are doing a pfft...only 12 days thing but that's a long time for me.

As I said, school is out and I'm just wondering how long an adjustment will take us all. Judging by my living room floor, the kids will get to do cleaning besides a daily chore. We have come up with a new slogan for the summer: Do chore, du jour. One daily chore beside cleaning up after yourself. They also have their bathrooms and bedrooms to clean weekly and reading and exercise to do daily before electronics time. We'll see how long we can actually keep this up. =D

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hooray for you. We still have another month. Let us know how the jobs work out, what a great idea and I hope to see you next year!