This has not been I week I care to repeat. The past 7 days we've been slowly passing the flu around one person at a time. Which, wasn't too bad. The bad part is after the fever and the achiness go away and you're left with a cough that interrupts sleep and leaves your chest and throat hurting. I could even handle that with the kids till the younger two and I had it at the same time. All I can think is, at least it's one less virus to pass around later.
John got an itinerary on our departure for England. We leave San Diego on June 22 at 1:20pm and arrive in London June 24 (I think) at 10:45am. My brain is too tired to computate the math to see if it really is the 24th that we arrive. I think London is about 6 hours ahead of ETS sooo...if we are leaving Dallas at 6:30pm and it's a loooong flight.... yah..too much math. At any rate, we leave from San Diego because it's where the car ships from and we can't drive anywhere once our van is gone. Sigh..why couldn't we get a layover in NY instead of Dallas? =S
I am trying to use up food storage at the moment. I realized I need to diversify my food storage so if anyone has any good recipes, holler! We have a lot of tuna, baked beans and peanut butter for our protein sources. I'm so glad that veggies and fruits can be canned and dried. (Thank you again for the food dehydrator Grandma!!) so there is a variety of them. This is our first area we've really tried to get a little food storage. We never had much money or room to do it before.
Last thing that's been on my mind lately: After reading a book from Dad P. about the middle eastern radical muslims. I have been thinking about how actions really are how we should 'judge' a person, group, etc. and that the oppressed very seldom can topple tyranny without help. Does this make me an advocate of the 'war on terror'? Not really. I would like to see all monies cut off from the middle east. If the USA could become self reliant for oil then the middle east would see less money from us. Less money from the largest user of oils would mean less funding for those radical groups around the world. Less funding for them, would hopefully mean terrorist attacks would be on a smaller scale and less often. Of course, this is all speculation and it isn't going to happen in my lifetime if at all. The whole condition of the world makes me sad. It's so silly to be fighting like this.
Okay, rant is done. =) We love you all and hope to be able to see most of you before we leave. As always, if you need a place to stay, holler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW IT IS GETTING TOOO CLOSE TO YOUR LEAVING TIME. KNOW I LOVE ALL OF YOU. DID THE DRYER INSTRUCTION BOOK GET THERE??
I heard someone say that our oil money sent to the middle east has been the largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world. "Transfer of wealth" sounds like scary words to me.
I am sorry that you guys have been sick, it hit our family this weekend. I am sick and trying to take care of three sick boys. Hey when are you guys going to be up next? We have a couple books that we borrowed and we have your expansion for Settler's.
Oh man! I hope everyone is feeling a lot better by now!!! Being sick is just not fun at all!!!! I'm so excited that things are falling into place for your trip to England! It really sounds like such a FUN adventure that your family will be able to treasure for years to come!!!! I have to say that I've decided that I LOVE change! It's so much fun to be in a new place and meet new people! I love it! If we had more money we would DEFINITELY come visit you guys!!!! How long will you be there for again????
Anyway, love you guys! Have fun packing!!!:)
Post a Comment