Monday, January 26, 2009

England update

Sorry no pictures. I'm really bad about that. John did put them all on a dvd now so it can be burned for anyone who wants a ton of pictures.

Our orders were sent out the 16th but have been lost in transit. This makes things like signing up for housing, letting the new clinic know when he'll be there and getting visas in order really difficult (read: impossible). The other things we can't do w/out orders are all our clearances. We all need phyicals and dentals checks along with making sure that whatever services we recieve here can be provided at Upwood/Lakenheath or near by. This is a little worrisome for me since Alex, Andrew and Avery all receive some sort of help through the school system.

We've been trading emails with John's sponsors at Upwood. Both of them have children and one has kids aged 13, 9, and 1 like ours. I am really looking forward to meeting these families! We were given some great links by them-one of them being a good accomodations rental site. I have already found a house I like that opens up on May 5. I hate to pay anything on it though, till we have been cleared to go. I wish I knew how hard it was to get good housing there. Connecticut was our only area where we weren't able to find a house upon arriving (we're not even going to mention Logan).

At any rate, amid all this wondering, I'm dejunking. Not that it needed to be done or anything....
I still have so much to go through to. I've decided I'm a bit of a pack rat (looks at Dad P.'s genetics). I hate to throw out or give away kids toys, books, or crafting stuff. That being said, it's time to get some more stuff thrown out. =)

3 comments:

Jana said...

I love de-junking. When it's done, that is. :)

Sarah said...

Hey, what's this about England?
I've been out a bit (stupid mono) so I guess I missed the part where you guys are moving to England.
How cool is that!?!
Lemmie know the details.

And yeah, I'm still singing "Shot Through The Heart"

Kristen said...

I know the pain of getting ready to move with so many uncertainties. It is stressful, but everything always ends up working out. Enjoy hearing what is going on through the blog.