Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Our Big News!
 
 
As of the end of May, CJ will be the new dental commander here at Malmstrom Air Force Base.
 
Like anything, this is good and bad. 
 
We've been trying to avoid him being a commander.  He gets less patient time.  There are more meetings, more paperwork, more drama to deal with...
 
Of course, with 10% of the Air Force being "laid off", it's also job security.  He's the commander here because there isn't a Lt. Col available to be the commander.
 
This means we'll have 2 more years here starting June-ish.  I would love to make it three and get Andrew graduated.  Our next stop will hopefully be San Antonio, TX. 
 
Two years is NOT a long time and I've already got some nervousness over it.  I look forward to moving.  It's fun to go new places, meet new people, see new things.
 
But, I will so miss Montana. 
I will miss this small but awesome ward.  I will miss wacky weather.  I will miss the help the schools are giving our children.  I will miss our house (maybe not as much when my arthritis is acting up).  I will miss being a days drive from Grandmas and Grandpas.
 
So, if we have just over two years left, we'd better make the most of it!  On to some cities we haven't visited.  Anyone wanna join us?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to CJ and your family! You are one of the most positive people I know, by the way. Love you.