Staying indoors has taken it's toll on me. I am winter-weary. I've noticed my energy at nil the last couple weeks and I my body has no idea of what motivation is. This is really affecting my housework and my playtime with kiddos. I've been thinking for the past week about how to revamp my dreary February that somehow rolls into March. Sooo, I came up with a list of things I could do to try and do SOMETHING rather than sit like a bump on a log and have wistful thoughts of sleep.
#1 Get more sleep.
This really is wishful thinking and not likely to happen during the week. This family has been passing around a cold. Ari and I have managed to get 2 of them. When she doesn't sleep, I don't sleep. As we all know, moms don't get sick days. This item will just have to wait till we're better (I hope that's soon!!).
#2 Make something.
I have been perusing websites for card making, cooking, gardening and general crafty ideas to try. This is the time for me to refind my creative outlets.
#3 Get moving.
While it's been cold outside the last couple of days. This winter has been really mild and it's time for me to push kiddos in a stroller or at least jog around the block when someone is around to watch small kiddos. I think just even getting out of the car and walking to the school to wait for kids would do me some good.
#4 Keep up with my scripture reading and journal writing.
As a family we're trying to read the BofM. I include that in my scripture reading time as well as the church magazines. Read the latest V.T. message? I did! I won't be writing every night in my journal but when I feel the need to vent, or try and keep track of my week. I feel sorry for whoever eventually reads them! Hehe
#5 Speak with and interact with other adults.
I miss adults right about 1pm when Aiden has been talking since we got home around 9am and Ari is on her 4th dirty diaper. My house is chaotic right now, but I would welcome the distraction of company. This one requires me to actually call people and make appointments to visit. We'll see how well it goes.
I wrote these winter blah busters with the idea that I would refer back to them and about the time spring rolls around, report on whether I did them and if they helped. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Meanwhile, I'm going to day dream about a night of uninterrupted sleep where I can breath freely and wake up to a happy household who hasn't once knocked on my door with the word, "Mom" on their lips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, I like your list! I need to do the same, I am feeling SO blah right now.
So I heard a suggestion in church about reading the B.of M. Your boys might really like it. They made a RED felt cover for a Book of Mormon. it had a little pocket in the front for a RED pencil. As they read each verse, they colored it red. (the entire book) so when they were finished, they had RED the entire Book of Mormon. Fun,huh?
That would help with your "Make Something" goal, too, if you made the covers.
I read this and thought about our S.S. teacher telling us to read the scriptures each day and we would keep our testimonies. I'm trying to do that each day and find it helps my day go better. I didn't get it done yesterday just started when I got called to go to lunch. Awhile after I got home I became very nausated and had to hang over the toilet. Today I've been sorta out of it but feel better. I read extra verses today. Does that count??? I like Jana's idea also.
Post a Comment