Monday, August 1, 2011

What a nice weekend!

I looked for my camera. I really did. Twice. I wish I'd had it too...
We headed to Idaho for CJ's 20yr class reunion. Both of us were a little feeling a little discombobulated (I'm sure that's spelled incorrectly). 20 years seems like a long time when you look at it in one lump but day by day, it doesn't feel long at all. I recognized a few faces. CJ recognized more--which I'm glad for. It was a nice dinner and some silly memories. The kids went bowling during the family activity. Aiden was hilarious trying to hold a 6lb ball and run up like the adults were doing. He'd drop the ball at the beginning of the lane and then kick it to get it to go. Pretty sure he beat my score. I was below 100 with the buddy bumpers up.

I had the opportunity to see my sisters and a few nieces and a nephew..even a great niece. Whoa...I'm a great aunt. Another set of words that make me feel old. Everyone looks great. It was such a treat to see all of you.

I was glad Grandma J got a chance to hold Ari for a bit. Ari sure did like Grandma; who doesn't? We were rushing around a lot last time we were down and had even less time to just sit it felt like.

Andrew is staying with Grandparents J for a couple weeks. We hope he has a blast. I love him and miss him but am glad for this opportunity to get to know his grandma and grandpa a little better. This also means we get to make another drive in a couple weeks. Oh, well. =)

I really didn't want this weekend to end. Guess it was a good thing to go out on a high note.

No comments: