John and I recently went on an acutal vacation without kids. *Gasp* Aunt Penny drove up and tended Alex and Aiden at our house while Clay and Karen watched Andrew and Grant and Mary watched Avery. We left Wednesday morning and got home Saturday evening--had to take the kids trick or treating.
We had a BLAST! It was so different and nice to not have to get up and worry about 4 little souls and their needs. We walked around Pike's Market one morning. There is an amazing variety of shops there. I ate my first piroshky (onion and potato). It's like a filled bagle. Very filling and yummy. John found a bakery with hugh cinnamon pull-aparts.
We also visited the EMP (experience music project) and Sci-Fi museums. These museums are Paul Allens pets. He's not only put a million or so of his own money into them, I learned a lot of the books in the sci-fi museum are his own.
The "Ride the Duck" tour was fun. The ducks are amphibious vehicles. The tour guides work hard and are hilarious. There were some natives that would dance to our tour music when we drove past them.
We also visited some friends of our from our online game. We met them for the first time last year and now they have a really cute 3mon old baby. Another couple of things we got to do were sleep in and take naps! How rare is that?
Oh, we also visited the Seattle art museum. For the most part, it was a lot of modern art that doesn't always appeal to John and I. There's always something that will appeal to someone and we were no exception. John saw a large mural that he liked and I actually saw a moderistic picture whose colors were really rich. I wanted to touch/taste them!
We are so grateful for all the help we got so we could do this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you and CJ were able to get away for a few days!!!
Good for you. Weekends away for a little R&R are awesome and you deserve it. Any news for England???
Post a Comment